Right in the first quarter of the year, the number 7 became significant again the moment I received a phone call from Mom about 3pm that our oldest boy Han had just received his A-Level examination results. He scored the maximum 7 As for all the subjects he took! I have no photos of this event to post yet but here is something interesting that occurred in the morning. I was paying some bills in the city and found that the street leading to the 'Padang' at Merdeka Square was jammed :
Later that evening I had planned to climb up a small steep hill in Melawati after dropping a friend's daughter for her reading class as her parents were out of town. It was a long time ago since I had scaled that hill and wasn't even sure where the starting trail was exactly. Nevertheless I felt adventurous to look for it to try it again since I had a 2 hour window of time before having to pick her back home again. I found the trail quickly and started on it till I reached the ridge at the top that I remembered had a spectacular view of the surroundings. Here are the pics I took :
Post-dated event :
March 5th, 2011 Saturday
My day started at 5am in the morning with a bike ride to the Lake Gardens with 2 other riders. At 9am I had to pick our friend's daughter(aged 7) and her two older brothers to school for their activities from their home. Incidentally, I forgot to mention that the family lives in a house that is numbered 7 on their street! All their cars left behind end with the number 7. For privacy, I cannot photograph these car plates but here is a shot of their house number on the gate post :
In the early afternoon I had a Toastmasters International Speech Contest at the KL PGRM building. All contestants had to draw lots to determine the order of who would speak first and can you guess what number was my draw? Here is a photo of my prize and the draw paper that I kept as the evidence :
... and my travel to Singapore and back being given seat no. 7 in both trips. See Full Story
It's been some time since I added to this special post not because the number 7 stopped recurring as there were many times my customer service number came up to go to counter 7 or my car just gets a vacant spot at pump 7 at the petrol station. I just felt they were too small or common a coincidence to be worthwhile making a record. Then comes the big one...
In a paragraph of the significant post mentioned above with the revealing story about the writings of my Body Mind and Spirit, I highlighted a very important symbolic meaning behind the Story of 7 which will change the nature of all future posts here. An excerpt of what I highlighted about the Story of 7 is quoted below:
The Story of 7 is really only the tip of the iceberg of all that I have experienced and it has become a metaphorical answer that I use to explain miracles of my life. "How sure am I that the miracles I've experienced are from God?", I've asked myself before others might ask me. My answer is purely a statistical response. It goes something like this...say you have two dices and you seek for a confirmation of something from God by 'rolling the dice' so to speak and all you have are two dices to roll and observe the outcome. What if you rolled the two dices 7 times and the number 7 total shows up 7 times in a row? Would you believe that God had given you the confirmation you had sought for? Well, that is what symbolically happened to me in the series of events that occurred in my life. Without reference to divinity or any religion, I have used this simple metaphor in place of orally taking time to share the details of what actually happened which I believe had a divine intervention. Full-length details are of course shared in my spiritual blog post, starting from here, where one can read a true and detailed account of my spiritual life as well as my thoughts, any time anywhere at their own pace without fear or favor. I realize that when reaching toward our biggest life's mysteries and deepest unanswered questions, words seem never enough and yet they are all we have. But I believe an optimal path can be chosen and that is one of simply doing our best to express what we feel and what we think or what we wonder and what we know.
So in other words, The Story of 7 that I started in the beginning which consists of a strange recurrence of the number 7 in my life is symbolic of many other events of my life that appear to occur due to pure luck or a matter of chance but could strongly suggest a spiritual meaning to it from a divine source. So the story of what happened to me on the birthday of my eldest son on Oct 19 of 2014 will be the first of its kind that qualifies to be in this blog. Others posts that now follows need not have the criteria of the number 7 being in the story and will qualify to be in the Story of 7 post so long as it has a miraculous experience in it or one depicting a plain lucky chance had occurred as many would call it. In the stories I write, I try to reflect optimal accuracy by using photos or videos whenever possible and most times the best of what my memory helps me to recall objectively and completely. I am satisfied after doing so to let the readers freely choose their own interpretations or conclusions.
It's Han's Birthday and first thing in the morning I made the following post in facebook :
Normally I would then have to select some music to override the original sound track of the video after I've added pics on the video. Miraculously as I played the video clip, a Happy Birthday Han sound clip somehow took over the original sound track! I know I had this sound clip a long time back but I had not clicked any icon in Movie Maker to load that particular sound track nor go to my computer files to look for it! I was simply amazed at how things worked out so quickly and I did get to publish it before leaving for Church to arrive on time also!
This little miracle reminds me that the same table where I sat by to make the video clip was the same table in Nov 2011 when Mom had just passed away and we felt she had switched off the power just at the moment we had lit the candles of the cake to celebrate the birthdays of Shuan and Jay together as recorded on this video. It is of course no coincidence the original video clip of Han above was taken in the same living room too!
20 November 2014
The trip of Miracles to Australia
Soon after I arrived in Melbourne Australia, I made a facebook post found below that triggered the stories of my trip that was fast accumulating. The special miracles I encountered to make it possible to reunite with my long lost friends is found in this post.
It includes a video of how I retraced my footsteps walking through a park in Eastern Beach, Geelong to find answers to my earnest prayer that occurred in Dec 1979. As stated in the post, this act of reenacting my spiritual experience on the first Sunday of Dec 2014 was purely to familiarize myself with the terrain where it happened. This was desired as though I've never forgotten the spiritual experience that occurred on that dark night, I never did take note of what exact street address the apartment of the Elders was located at that I walked to. Furthermore, I have never returned to the park to retrace my steps in daylight to see the actual terrain I had walked on.
14 Feb 2015
Chinese New Year is on the 19th Feb and I've been bogged down in KL for some assignments eager to return to Singapore. I haven't been riding my bike for awhile so when I saw this event on facebook a couple of days earlier, I signed up for it and showed up on Saturday morning which happens to be Valentine's Day. I was on chat with a US friend and associate in my early morning while it was afternoon there in the East so I struggled to get out of bed to be slightly late for the ride that starts at 7.30am
I was the number 7 and last rider to show up and I guess the group didn't know why I was smiling but I always smile to others anyway! So this is the reason why this post is included here.
19 Oct 2016 Birth, Death and Resurrection post inspired by Steven Kok from USA
7 June 2016 Miracle of an epic journey to Utah USA for all the family members
6 Mar 2016 Insect experience defining moments in my Body Mind Spirit life
27 Nov 2016
I found time to visit an ex St John's Institution Alma Mater member living in Taman Tun and suddenly I was brought to my attention of a bird flying up in the sky. I rushed out to the balcony to capture this bird in flight with my camera! It appears to be an Eagle which happens to be the symbol of our school which is shared in a blog post I did for our grand reunion event that both of us had attended a few years ago! Interesting that I would not have had this powerful camera with me if I had not responded to help another ex SJI member in the morning of the same day to do a video coverage of an important meeting. My life truly has been filled with many such coincidences which I've had the interest to record them in my journals like this one about my bird stories which motivated me to write my first ever poem too!
This bird story and those of past years seen in the link given below deserves to be included in this category of the Story of 7 :
The morning that I could not sleep all night for the first time in my life :
Look at the modern Cochrane area today:
This post will share the truth about my amazing life and to understand why I had to start recording it early in my life as I knew then if I would try to explain to others later about my life, many may think I'm making things up or try to inflate things to be bigger than they are! I used to write them all in files or books of paper. Luckily in my career path, I made a switch from being a bean counting Accountant to become a Management consultant with IT based knowledge and experience. This had led me to be in Social Media today to share my Chronicles!!!
Below is a conversation I had with Linda Ng, an old friend that I knew in the early 80s who migrated from Singapore to Canada and I got to meet her again only on facebook. Our recent open chat though comments in facebook are below on the topic of my lucky No. 7:
21 Aug 2017
This is the every Monday activity I call an online family home evening with my children spread out to as many as 6 locations on some days as they travel too! On Mondays, I would look forward to an email of our 2nd son Woon Shuan serving on a voluntary mission where he earned enough to support himself to serve a calling for our Church who sent him to the London Mission for 2 years. He could do this as he had served the Singapore Army for 2 years where he as well paid as a Lieutenant. I was impressed to share his email on this post.
My year of the Dog with so many exciting things, even miracles, are expected to happen in this auspicious year where I'm 5 x 12 years old, where 5 is the number of times I have completed the cycle of the Chinese Almanac calendar year of 12 animals, being one who was born in the Year of the Dog in 1958!
Many miracles already started in the Chinese New Year and also had occurred in the year before this too which I have written or published some above but left out some others as my time to write my own journals has lessened due to the focus to complete my book project.
14 Feb 2018
No valentine date for me on this special day but a special friend and church member passed away on this day to change the meaning of Valentines for me from romantic love to the love of a Spiritual kind.
I was still around in KL on this day. For the first time in a long time, I did not go to Singapore to celebrate the Chinese New Year with my family. I was wondering why I decided to do it this year! Just past 6pm in the evening, I got a message from Susie How that Anthony Lim's daughter Vivien had just contacted her to inform her that her father had just passed away. I immediately felt I knew the reason why I was meant to be in KL. Another little miracle in my life again!
Take time to scroll up now to read what this 'Story of 7' post is all about if you are not familiar.
One will find, in briefly scanning over what I've taken time to record above, that I have basically shared unique experiences of my life that have occurred in the past years. Now as explained in a paragraph found further up above this post, the true stories I've shared in this post are what I have deemed to be miracles in my life.
When I first came home to KL to meet Anthony Lim for the first time in Feb 1980 at Church, I also had a series of experiences behind me that would qualify under the Story of 7 too but have not included them in detail yet in this post as they occurred a long time before I had started this special post. I feel timely to do this now as Anthony was a man of Vision who 'dreams dreams' and I shall begin to explain why I said I have acquired his brain and can understand his so much better.
I first came back to KL and met Anthony Lim in the February Chinese New Year month of the year 1980. Unknown to anyone at that time, I had already spiritually received a call to serve as a missionary for the Church due to a profound series of things that happened to me while in Australia which if I started telling people about it then, they probably won't understand me! haha
Fortunately, when I joined the Church in 29 July 1979 in Geelong Australia, I was impressed by the Church leaders to write a personal journal which I did roughly on sheets of paper. It was only when I was officially called to serve as a full-time missionary that I started writing daily in a hardcover book especially from my mission time. After my mission in 1982, things happened so fast. My mother passed away, I got married to a lovely woman on Dec 22 of the same year who later gave birth to 6 wonderful children for me.
It was not until 2005 that I started to write my journals online first with Familylane for family/friends' stories. I later started on Spiritlane for my Church experiences with selected extracts from my old written mission book journals as well as my early personal conversion experience that was written on loose papers but properly filed. Fastlane was the last to be started that covered my Work or Mind matters that came from my lifelong learning lifestyle.
So how did I end up serving a misson in Malaysia to meet Bro Anthony Lim who later became our most effective BML or Branch Mission Leader? Fortunately, due to technology and the effort I had made to digitized relevant parts of my paper journals, I can give a written summary of what happened easier than telling someone about it where they might not understand me or appreciate what I'm sharing! The rationale is, when you become spiritual and begin to experience miracles, it's hard to share with others that they may fully comprehend. It is simply your experience and special to you only. With the Story of 7, I attempted to share them through the metaphor of a lucky recurring number 7 with photos and whenever possible, videos as well. Thanks to Anthony, he has inspired me not to worry about sharing miracles with others when they may not understand. That is why my talk at his funeral service was short. I suddenly understood his mind and appreciate his contribution to life and the Lord's Church today. I hope I have explained it better in my writings here that would have been more difficult for me to do at the pulpit. This is what Anthony would have told you:
My miracles in life will continue to be shared directly without metaphors or any scientific explanations as they did occur in my life and are my personal experiences. I will share them with words, photos and videos. Welcome to the social media world of today that I believe will change our civilization faster than we ever thought could happen, either for better or for worse, depending of how much 'fake news' will confuse Man who lacks the the spirit of truth or revelation from God. (Check out the media in www.lds.org or www.mormon.org )
1. Wed, Dec 5, 1979 - I couldn't shake off the feeling that I should serve a mission especially when I totally had no desire to take up a couple of years of my time when I should be working after graduation to be a trained CPA or Chartered Accountant which was my goal to be in Australia. Besides, I had only barely joined the Church for over 5 months since July 29. I remembered the missionaries had taught me to make be specific in my questions to Heavenly Father in my prayers in order to get specific answers from Him. I received clear answers to serve from listening to a cassette tape and thumbing open the Bible and the Book of Mormon after specific prayers done twice. (Click here for details in the journal.)
2. Sat, Dec 8, 1979 - I had told no one about my experience as it sounds kind of silly and again others may not understand the whole situation. I would discuss it maybe with the Elders when I see them on Sunday I thought. I became very calm after knowing God wanted me to serve a mission to teach the restored Gospel as that was very clearly communicated to me in that one night. It so happened that on Saturday 3 days later, I had volunteered to join a group of members to contribute our labors in the Church welfare farm growing pumpkins. It was then to my surprise that the Branch President walked up to me to say the presidency have been praying for a calling for me in the past 2 weeks and I was extended the call to be a Branch missionary. I accepted and mumbled that I knew it was a confirmation of my final calling to be a full-time missionary (Click here for details in the journal.)
3. Sun, Jan 28, 1980 - It was Chinese New Year day and I had not planned to be home in KL for the celebrations with family. I had a University graduation to attend a few months later and have been working to save for my mission. My parents had not been informed of my baptism nor my missionary service plans that I was embarking on. I had been writing letters home to hint that I might not go home to work immediately but may do some kind of voluntary service first like the American Peace Corp to learn more about the world first before immersing myself into my career. I called home on Chinese New Year day to wish my parents and my father picked the call to quickly reveal to me that he knew I was a Mormon! I was shocked and told him I would be catching a flight home to explain more. I came back on Feb 15 to face the family. I faced challenges with my Father who disowned me. Then my brothers told me that my mother would die while I'm away from home as she has been suffering from diabetes in past years and was getting more critically ill. I was sad and resorted to prayer to Our Father in Heaven. Miracles followed as my mother decided to take missionary discussions and was later baptized. (Click here for details in the journal.)
4. My First Bird Story or a miracle experience involving a bird, occurred to me to give me solace before I started my mission. During my mission, a major miracle and revelation involving a bird was given to me again that I cannot deny had happened. Though it was only a short viewing session where in my exercise mode I had no camera with me to capture the amazing cloud formation in the sky for me. Knowing I like to photograph evidence of truth in my life journals, the appearance of he Dove image in the sky was a huge bonus to me. the subsequent finding of a dead bird on the bonnet of my car was good enough to remind me that it did happen and I had a photo of the real bird on my car. (Click here for details in the journal.)
5. Sun, Feb 17, 1980 - I had difficulties finding the Church on my first Sunday back in KL. I could not find it listed in the phone directory. Luckily a lady in the Church in Australia gave me her son's phone number in Singapore. When I finally found the Church address in Petaling Jaya, Church was over but I got to meet Michael Jack and family, an expatriate family who happened to be our neighbour of my parent's home sharing the same back fence! What a pleasant coincidence or a miracle I should say! Staying with them was Thee See Bah, a member from up north in Penang who had just returned from serving his mission in Taiwan. He was the first to be baptized in the country a year before Anthony and we became good friends to this day. We would run up the hill close to our home every morning and he orientated me to life as a missionary from his experience. (Click here for details in the journal.)
6. Sun, Feb 24, 1980 - I took my mother to Church. I had arranged for a priesthood blessing for her and she received it with tears flowing as the blessing was pronounced. (My mother later asked that I return the “Goddess of Mercy” idol to the Chinese temple and requested for missionary discussions. She got baptized on 22 March 1980 by Elder Flyod Stoker then serving as a couple missionary with his wife Edna.) Visiting the branch on that Sunday was the Mission President Talmage Jones based in Singapore with his 1st counselor President Ho Ah Chuan. At the priesthood meeting, President Jones stood up and explained that he had a letter from a Malaysian member named David Soon who studied in England and had expressed a desire to serve a mission. President Jones asked the quorum if they knew of anyone in the branch that could go on a mission as he was working on the inspiration to have a first pair of local missionaries to serve in Malaysia. When I heard this, I quickly raised my hand and explained that I had already submitted some preliminary mission application papers before coming home from Australia. What eventually happened was that President Jones coordinated with the Church headquarters for my mission call to start the same time with David, and when my call finally came, it was dated to begin on 6 Aug 1980 to report to the Missionary Training Centre in Hamilton New Zealand. (Click here for details in the journal.)
7. Fri, Aug 15, 1980 - I arrived in Singapore on 15 Aug to be met by the Mission President of the Singapore Mission, Talmage Jones with his wife Vera Jean Jones. I would meet my planned missionary companion a few days later. On our first night together, we were both excitedly exchanging quickly our experiences that led us to be together in Singapore. From both our experiences, we could only conclude one thing and that is the Lord had planned for us to be on this mission together. For one, Elder Soon revealed that in the month of December, he too was inspired to go on a mission as he was restless in his sleep like I was. We both had our prayers about going on our mission answered, he in New York City and I with my miraculous experiences in the country town of Geelong Australia in the month of December 1979! David was in fact praying for the truth when missionaries turned up at his doorsteps while I was feeling a strong desire in my heart to find the purpose of life when the missionaries knocked at my door. We were both equally amazed how God had brought us together and felt very grateful indeed. (Click here for details in the journal.)
Reading the above series of events I wrote about that happened to me should make it clear that I was already charged up in my spirituality enough to understand Anthony Lim whose life before mine was already very spiritually in tuned.
Over the years, he had been exposed to other religions – Catholic, Bahai, Islam, Hinduism, Jehovah Witness, Seventh Day Adventist, Methodist, etc Because of being familiar with many different faiths, he felt that if he was to be a leader of people, he did not want to lead people astray in religious living. So, he asked, “Which religion is correct?” He had an interest in Christianity. The last Christian faith to which he was introduced was the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints by his cousin Jon Lim, of Singapore.
Love kindness and humility is what he has exemplified in his life as a disciple of Jesus Christ. Beyond that, he has manifested exceeding faith in miracles and acts positively to all situations.
From the extensive research I have done for my intended book entitled, "My Consciousness, from the Abacus to the Cloud", I came across David R. Hawkins, MD., Phd., a widely known authority within the fields of consciousness research and spirituality, who has written and taught from the unique perspective of an experienced clinician, scientist, and mystic. Listen to his video that elaborates why Spirituality is non-linear:
Interruption... received a WhatsApp message from the missionaries from KL branch wanting to shift our correlation meeting usually at 5pm on Thursdays weekly at Church to 3.30pm at a further location in Wangsa Maju near the LRT station! I just read the message about close to 3pm and responded I can make it!
The only way to do it is to shoot there on my motorcycle but it was dry before I left. 5 minutes out of my apartment I felt some light drizzle. It got heavier towards the direction I was heading to so what came into my mind? I remembered Anthony Lim always declared he would pray for fine weather when there was an important event outdoors. I immediately spoke to him verbally riding in a weather that was turning from getting bad to worse saying, "Anthony, please talk to Elijah the prophet or someone there who can stop this rain for me as I have to get to the missionaries meeting!"
I did reach the destination just slightly wet but not drenched as amazingly in the remaining 20 mins of the journey, it really was getting bad to worse but it was still a drizzle or I would be wiped out. See the evidence video below
My life's journey to come back to KL branch to serve as the BML has a post that covers a bit of history of the KL branch that is possible due to Anthony Lim who was a writer/chronicler like me with the only difference in that he didn't have an education in the field of computer technology as I have had. He has spent some time working with me in the different businesses I had started in my younger days and I did teach him, as well as all my other staff members too, how to use the computer but specially taught Anthony how to blog as he had very good English and loved to write. Thanks to his daughter Vivien, she reminded me of his Joylink blog found here.
Rushing now to Kuantan for more meetings there and this will end this spiritual sharing that came about on the passing of my good friend and brother, Anthony T.K. Lim. The date of this trip is 3 Mar 2018, about 10 days after the funeral of Bro Anthony Lim where this section of the Story of 7 post would cover the spiritual connection that he and I had in our lifetime. Anthony's passing has fortified the need for me to share more of the real miracles in my life directly or some would like to classify them as coincidences, which my metaphor of rolling two dices would apply.
This SpaceTime-Travel transition is important as while taking time to write the spiritual part of Anthony's life connected to mine, I had to transverse time zones of the past before I first got to meet Anthony to a current date where an interrupted message caused me to rush to a meeting where my spiritual connection to him was manifested even by a recorded video above.
I have also had to transverse through different space locations by referring to different blog posts using the HTML-link explained above. So we jumped to different time zones and different space locations in my writings, seeking to better appreciate the miracles of Anthony's life and mine.
He was a great man to have done and gone through life the way he did with stalwart faith, unceasing energy and a great love of God and his fellowmen. Thanks to Anthony's inspiration, I will continue my Story of 7 post with more small and great miracles to share. This will ease into my Kuantan stories below where the trip to Kuantan will serve as a good transition phase to begin sharing more true stories or miracles over my lifetime archived under the heading of this Story of 7 post.
3 Mar 2018
Kuantan trip, a little miracle
I had a pleasant drive to Kuantan, going by the back road through Ulu Langat feeling good physically, mentally and spiritually. Why not use the East-West highway? Just to get to the highway to Kuantan from the city where I am, via Jalan Kuching to join another Duke Highway to lead to the Gombak area to start the ascend up the ridge of hills through the Genting pass to eventually get on the Karak highway joining the East-West Highway seemed a long physically tiring way around the city, up steep hills with lots of toll collecting gates too! I also didn't want to wear off my good physical mental and spiritual state and therefore took a scenic country drive out of the city to head to Kuantan via the back country road pictured below. It leads to a University town named Muadzam Shah where the road to Kuantan from there is flat and straight all the way:
I enjoyed stopping along the way to take some pics of the hills with some interesting amber-colored tree almost like the ones I've enjoyed seeing in Utah during the autumn season.